Pages

Background

Sunday, September 18, 2011

100 Cupcakes & a Wedding Tower:)

 Saturday night was the Utah reception for my brother-in-law Dustin and his fabulous new wife, Jana. I wanted to design the cupcake display as part of their wedding gift, which I thought turned out fabulous! It was a lot of fun and I was re-considering my little girl dream of being a wedding planner:)


 Three Flavors: Orange Dreamsicle, Root Beer Float, and Travis' new favorite, Mexican Hot Chocolate!

 Orange Dreamsicle was a fabulous cupcake to test! I made a basic yellow cake. Once they cooled, I filled the center with a mixture of homemade whipped cream and orange concentrate... so good! 

Final Product! Once filled, I topped the cupcake with a swirl of orange & vanilla buttercream icing and a clementine just for fun:)



 Travis aboslutely LOVES anything and everything from Mexico! So... a Mexican Hot Chocolate Cupcake was a must. Choose your favorite chocolate cake recipe (My momma's) and add 1 cup of dark chocolate chips, cinnamon, and extra vanilla. The smell of these baking was mouth-watering!

 I topped the cake with chocolate buttercream icing, a dollop of homemade whipped cream, a dash of cinnamon, and some Ghirardelli chocolate shavings! These were a big hit:)



 Root Beer Float is just a fun cupcake to make. The batter is a plain white cake but in place of the liquid I added actual A&W Root Beer! The icing is a basic buttercream with root beer flavoring.


I love inventing new recipes for cupcakes! Caroline King & I decided a cupcake shop was our calling in life. We met a few times this past winter to experiment with recipes. It was a blast and when Team Tolman finally settles down (hopefully San Antonio) maybe we will open "The Sugar Shack," filled with all our creations:) 


Wedding Cupcake Tower



 

 I got the tower idea from Janene: my amazingly creative, beautiful sister-in-law! She did something similar for my baby shower and I aboslutely LOVED it:) I changed the idea to fit more of a wedding style and thought the tower turned out pretty-darn fabulous!

I started with some random, unattractive boxes and covered them with a simple, elegant wrapping paper with "love" written all over. I then wrapped the two bottom tiers with teal ribbon. (Sadly I didn't get a picture of the front where the ribbons were tied in a bow.) The ribbon is held on with glue dots to keep it in place. Add the delicious cupcakes and... Viola! A beautiful centerpiece.


                                                                               Sincerely,
                                                                                                   Just Me

4 comments:

  1. I love it! It makes me want to go in the kitchen right now and bake up a batch of cupcakes! You did a terrific job on the setup! Congrats to the newly weds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing!
    so creative
    We're in sa and really like It

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cupcake wedding cakes are da bomb. We had one for our Utah reception, although this one has a lot more variety! Great job!

    ReplyDelete